Agenda and accounts for the BSG AGM on Wed 7th Sept now available to download
Annual Meeting timetable now available to download
The abstract deadline was Monday 20th June
This year's Annual Meeting of the British Society for Geomorphology (BSG) will be held at Plymouth University (UK) from the 5th -7th September 2016 and we welcome oral or poster presentations on any aspect of geomorphology.
The conference offers the following highlights:
- Open themed, single session conference: disseminate your research widely within geomorphology!
- Early Career Researcher training session on ‘Communicating Geomorphology within and beyond the classroom’: enhance your REF- and TEF-friendliness!
- Supplementary final afternoon session on the ‘Hydrogeomorphology of Flood Risk’, held jointly with the British Hydrological Society and highly suitable as CPD credits;
- Optional field trip ‘Moor to See’ (4th Sept), focussed on reinterpreting the ‘classic’ geomorphology of Dartmoor through modern advances in field techniques;
- An art exhibition highlighting how greater engagement with the arts can help to raise the visibility of geomorphology, both literally and metaphorically;
- Keynote addresses by this year’s BSG award winners, including:
David Linton Award: Professor Jean Poesen (Leuven);
Gordon Warwick Award: Dr Doug Jerolmack (Pennsylvania)
Wiley Award: Dr Hervé Guillon (Savoie)
Dick Chorley Award: Dr Jeremy Ely (Sheffield)
- A social programme centred in Plymouth's historic Barbican area, with the Conference Dinner among the fishes in the National Marine Aquarium.
Information about the meeting can be found on this BSG Annual Meeting webpage and the conference website for abstract submission and conference registration is: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/whats-on/bsg-2016. There is a significant subsidy for postgraduate students.